Hi, my name is Andrew Lieflander, and I’m a professional opera singer and former competitive boxer with the United Athletics Boxing Team. I believe in an approach to fitness that is fun & engaging, and that always pushes you to reach your fullest potential. I can’t wait to start our fitness journey together!
Areas of Expertise
- Beginner & Intermediate strength and cardio programs
- Circuit-style weight loss and toning programs
- HIIT Interval Training Functional exercise and core control programs,
- Posture improvement programs
- Introduction-to-the-gym programs
——— ——— ———
- Developing a balanced training style that helps build lean muscle while maintaining a healthy, dynamic posture (developed through my years of experience as a professional singer working on stages throughout Canada, Germany & Austria).
——— ——— ———
I first got into fitness as a way to bring more of myself to my performance onstage - as an opera singer, you need to be able run across a platform, climb up a ladder, and carry a soprano over your shoulder, all the while singing an aria. Tough stuff! But since then, my fitness journey has become so much more. In 2015 I started boxing competitively with the United Athletics Boxing Team, and in this past year began training clients full time at the McGill Sports & Athletics Centre and founded a workout course for music students at the Schulich School of Music.